finPOWER Connect SMS Services Add-On
The finPOWER Connect SMS Services Add-On provides the ability to send SMS TXT messages directly from finPOWER Connect. Any replies from the client are sent directly to the finPOWER Connect User's e-mail address, and replies to the e-mail are reconverted to a SMS TXT message.
Sending TXT messages offers a number of advantages over conventional communications:
- They are instant, the message is delivered within seconds or minutes of it being sent.
- It is current technology, so has a greater appeal and improved response rates to traditional communication methods.
- Clients are more reliant and respond more readily to their cell phone than both mail or conventional phones.
- They are cost effective when compared to traditional mail.
- Replies are handled easily as they are sent directly to your e-mail address.
Within finPOWER Connect there are two methods for sending TXT messages.
- Simple, ad-hoc messages can be used to send casual messages to clients. TXT messages sent this way automatically generate, if applicable, a new Log Note recording the event and content of the message. You can even charge a fee.
- The other option is to send TXT messages via scripting. Using scripting allows far greater flexibility for selecting clients to send messages to and can be incorporated into letter runs. This could be used to notify clients of a reversed Direct Debit payment, remind them of a payment that is due tomorrow, advise of a missed payment etc. The possibilities are endless.