If you weren’t already aware, 2018 will see the start of a brave new era with the introduction of a new PPSR. The current PPSR is an aging but reliable system that has been in operation since 2002. It was world leading at the time.
The MBIE is in charge of the project to replace the PPSR (rPPSR) and have recently announced the appointment of the Vendor that will assist in the design and build phase of the rPPSR. In a recent release, the MBIE advise some of the changes the rPPSR will encompass:
- New PPSR APIs (or G2B web services) will be significantly different to the current versions and will add PPSR services currently available only on the website.
- New PPSR website – we will improve usability and keep it nice and simple.
- New API (or G2B) authentication model – no need to download and install G2B certificates each year.
- New user authentication model – you will need RealMe® to use the PPSR website and to set up your API access.
Here at Intersoft we have been working towards this change for the last 12 months, and are committed to developing a state of the art interface to the rPPSR to ensure the impact of the rPPSR project has as minimal impact as possible on our clients. However, one of the limiting factors in the development of the new interface is that the technology will only be able to be supported on the latest versions of finPOWER Connect.
Clients on the older finPOWER system will need to upgrade to finPOWER Connect prior to the rPPSR going live.
The rPPSR has a Go Live date of 2nd July 2018 meaning anyone wanting to work with the rPPSR will have to:
- Migrate off the older version of finPOWER, and
- Be on the latest version of finPOWER Connect
If you have not already started talking to your Dealer about the migration from finPOWER to finPOWER Connect, then this should be a top priority this month. Most Dealers have a large number of migrations to undertake and you will need to lock yours in now if you want to transact on the rPPSR once it goes live. If you have organised your migration path already, then make sure you have the necessary resources allocated to the project to ensure it is successful first time round. There may not be enough time for do overs!
If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Thompson or your Intersoft Dealer.