finPOWER Connect 2.00.00 Released
We are pleased to announce the release of finPOWER Connect version 2.00.00.
To upgrade to this latest version please contact your authorised Intersoft Reseller or see the Downloads page.
This is a major release, including updated database, user interface and many new features. Please take your time reviewing the changes before upgrading.
Note, version 2 of finPOWER Connect can run side by side with version 1.x, i.e. you don't have to uninstall version 1.x.
Some of the highlights are:
- User Interface enhancements.
- New Login and Lock forms.
- Better support for High DPI screens.
- Standard Font changed to Segoe, the standard Windows 7/8 system font.
- Icons updated, including higher resolution formats for high DPI screens.
- Colours tweaked for better readability.
- Themes added to give three colour scheme options.
- Full Screen mode added.
- Touch friendly mode added for tablets.
- Form Tabs, Status Bar and Task Pane; updated to simpler more modern style.
- Progress bar; when running operations with a progress bar the Windows Task bar now shows the progress.
- Spell Checker; new option to spell check as you type, now shows spelling errors with a red wiggly line underneath the misspelt word.
- Grids; new User Preference to save Grid Layouts on demand rather than when the Form is closed.
- New Enterprise Edition licensing option.
- Replaces SQL Server Add-On.
- Includes various performance options and special Reporting Database.
- Quick Search.
- Fast, effective way of finding Clients, Accounts, Securities. Also can find Menu items, certain types of Admin records, Reports and Documents.
- Added to Task Pane and Database dropdown controls.
- Three levels of search, shallow whilst typing and two deeper levels.
- Summary Pages.
- Summary pages version 2 added.
- Removes need to program in HTML directly, now uses Summary Tables and Wiki text.
- Allows easier sharing, reuse and modification of standard summary blocks.
- Same code can now be used on the Web Interface.
- Bank Interfaces.
- Added Banking and Processing Days Calendar to Bank Accounts.
- Added "WBC Corporate Online CSV" import service for Australia.
- Added "Payway CSV Payments" import service for Australia.
- Added "WBC Payway Recurring Billing" export service for Australia.
- Credit Bureaus.
- Business Layer interface has been restructured for future changes, including removal of Response Elements.
- Centrix NZ; Consumer Default load now fully supports GHA and additional addresses.
- Veda NZ; Commercial Check updated to version 4, including Trade Data and Payment History.
- Basic Vehicle Information (BVI) Report added.
- Updated services to version 2.9.
- Archived Accounts.
- Closed Accounts can now be archived individually or via the Purge facility.
For a full list of all the release notes click here.